We are pleased to open the Request for Applications (RFA) for the Ontario Genomics and CANSSI Ontario Postdoctoral Fellowship, establishing another joint Postdoctoral Fellowship in Genome Data Science.
This Fellowship, now in its third year, will support the work of an early-career investigator pursuing research in the areas of genomics and data science with an emphasis on genomic medicine, including, but not limited to, methodology, application, and translation of genomic prediction tools such as polygenic risk scores; human-computer interactions; or novel genomic computational approaches to therapeutic identification.
Proposed projects should be innovative, generalizable across applications, and not restricted to developing a predictive tool for a single application.
The Fellowship offers two-year salary support for up to $50,000 per year for postdoctoral fellows undertaking full-time research at a CANSSI Ontario partner university or their affiliated research institutes.
Candidates are responsible for selecting, contacting, and securing the commitment of two faculty members to jointly supervise them in their project, where at least one is a faculty member with a PhD in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, computational biology, genomics, or computer science. The second supervisor can be from any other field.
The Fellowships offer two-year salary support for up to $50,000 per year for postdoctoral fellows undertaking full-time research. Candidates are responsible for selecting, contacting, and securing the commitment of two mentors to jointly supervise them in their project.
Eligibility and Requirements
Read all eligibility and all required materials at the Eligibility and Application Guide
- Postdoctoral fellows with a PhD in the fields of statistics, computational biology, biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer science, epidemiology, genomics, or other related quantitative fields
- Applicants must be undertaking full-time research during the term of the postdoctoral fellowship at a CANSSI Ontario member university or any of their affiliated research institutes.
- Research projects that focus on statistical methodology and tool development, including computational tools, may be considered. We encourage applications from candidates combining ’omics data with other data to overcome challenges, especially as it applies to the environment and climate change. Final selection is at the discretion of the adjudication panel.
- Funding eligibility of submissions will be assessed based on defined eligibility criteria related to scientific excellence and innovation by a joint adjudication panel.
Funding and Tenure
- Funding Availability: Up to two years.
- Maximum Fellowship Value: $50,000 per year for up to $100,000 over two years.
* We expect to fund the highest-ranked candidates.