Our goal is to power Ontario’s bioeconomy and we do this through:
- Business Opportunity Creation: We engage with industry to understand their business challenges and help identify potential genomics solutions.
- We nurture and de-risk projects by providing access to:
- Genome Canada Funding: We are a channel to funding opportunities for industry-academic collaborations such as Genome Canada’s Genomics Applications Partnership Program (GAPP), as well as to other public funding opportunities.
- Connections and Advice: We connect industry to researchers with the right tools to help solve their business needs and we coach entrepreneurs to successfully commercialize their innovations. Ontario Genomics’ sector leads facilitate this with the help of resources such as our network of genomics experts and various genomics technology platforms.
- Ontario Genomics’ Early Seed Funding: we finance early-stage, high-risk, high-potential genomics projects through our Pre-commercialization Business Development Fund (PBDF).
- Ontario Genomics exit: risk reduced project ready for translational funding: We nurture and de-risk ideas to the point that they appeal to commercialization enablers and private sector partners for further support.
Genomics has already had a major impact on the advancement of society in many ways. Ontario Genomics works to continue to these efforts by engaging with industry and entrepreneurs in the following sectors:
Learn more about what genomics is.
Contact our Business Development team to see how they can help your business.