Our mission is to spark, support and sustain Ontario’s genomics technology pipeline as a key driver of the province’s knowledge-based economy. To accomplish this, we work with four key stakeholders:
We help you access funding and find the right industry partners
We work with researchers at Ontario institutions to apply for Genome Canada funding. We also:
- Work closely with our scientists to develop competitive proposals and connect them with the right partners to increase likelihood of success.
- Run small-scale internal competitions for proof-of-concept commercially-oriented research projects.
We help you identify potential genomics solutions to boost your productivity
We work with established companies across seven sectors to understand their business challenges and help identify potential genomics solutions. Our support services include:
- Connections with academic experts.
- Design and planning of collaborative proof-of-concept projects with academic partners.
- Access to Genome Canada funding and small-scale financing to de-risk technology development and adoption.
We help you take the next best step towards business growth
We work with start-up companies in the genomics space to secure financing and grow. Our services include:
- Business advice and mentoring.
- Connections with our network of industry partners and funders.
- An avenue to Genome Canada funding for joint projects with academic researchers.
- Small-scale proof-of-concept funding to facilitate follow-on investments.
We mobilize and educate stakeholders to embrace genomics as a key driver of Ontario’s future wealth and well-being
We work strategically with governments, educators, companies, researchers and other stakeholders to help them envision and embrace genomics innovation in their practices and help them act on relevant opportunities for Ontario. Working with these stakeholders, our goal is to engender a culture with:
- An innovation-friendly regulatory system
- Proactive and anticipatory policies
- Scientific collaborations and synergies
- Engaged and informed young researchers
- Tooled and connected entrepreneurs