Ontario Genomics (formerly the Ontario Genomics Institute) is a not-for-profit organization funded by the Ontario government and the federal research funding agency Genome Canada. We are the only entity in Ontario focused solely on enabling genomics innovation.
Our mission is to spark, support and sustain Ontario’s genomics technology pipeline as a key driver of the province’s economy.
We help you access funding and find the right industry partners
Researchers working in Ontario institutions who are applying for Genome Canada funding do so through Ontario Genomics. We also:
- Work closely with our scientists to develop competitive proposals and connect them with the right partners to increase likelihood of success.
- We run a number of small-scale internal competitions for proof-of-concept commercially-oriented research projects.
We help you identify potential genomics solutions to boost your productivity
We work with established companies across seven sectors to understand their business challenges and help identify potential genomics solutions. Our support services include:
- Connections with academic experts.
- Design and planning of collaborative proof-of-concept projects with academic partners.
- Access to Genome Canada funding and small-scale financing to de-risk technology development and adoption.
We help you take the next best step towards business growth
We help start-up companies working in the genomics space to secure financing and grow. Our services include:
- Business advice and mentoring.
- Connections with our network of industry partners and funders.
- Access to Genome Canada funding for joint projects with academic researchers.
- Small-scale proof-of-concept funding to facilitate follow-on investments.
We mobilize and educate stakeholders to embrace genomics as a key driver of Ontario’s future wealth and well being
We work with governments, educators, companies, researchers and other stakeholders to make them aware of global trends in genomics and to help them act on relevant opportunities for Ontario.